Together disAbility Ministry
Doing Life Together
Together’s mission is to break down barriers that keep individuals with disabilities and their families from being able to fully participate in the life of the church by facilitating inclusion within the church for both the individual and their family. In support of our broader church mission, the ultimate goal of the special needs ministry is to lead individuals and families into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
The objectives of the ministry are fulfilled through the following efforts:
- To nurture an accepting church environment for the family affected by special needs or disability.
- To develop an appropriate accommodation plan and/or supports for the individual with additional needs while working within the policies and resources of the church.
- To equip leaders and volunteers in various ministries across the church to help them better include and disciple individuals and families affected by special needs.
The services of the special needs ministry may be requested by the individual themselves, the family of the individual, or the ministry leader(s) serving the individual.
For the purpose of our disability ministry, the terms “additional needs”, “special needs”, and “disability” encompass a broad range of unique needs, including but not limited to: learning differences, intellectual disability, neurological disorders, developmental delays, communication disorders, social skills deficits, physical disabilities, sensory needs, and medical conditions. Understanding why a particular individual requires the services of the ministry is often less important. What is important is that the ministry is able to provide assistance in order to help individuals with special needs flourish in the church setting.
Our church’s special needs ministry does not provide therapy, behavior modification programs, assistance in the restroom, or medical intervention. To the best of our abilities, our ministry volunteers will strive to follow guidance from and utilize tools provided by parents. In the case of a medical emergency, appropriate medical attention and personnel will be sought.
For more information, email Mary Pat Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our church office at 440-442-6470.
Luke5Adventures - hiking for the disabled
“Hiking with those who can’t hike themselves.”
We use a specially-designed single-wheel hiking chair (which we call a “Rosie”) to safely transport those with physical disabilities through all kinds of beautiful terrain in the surrounding Cleveland area. Our volunteers are trained to carefully and safely hike for those who are unable to.
We are a global fellowship of friends, helping those impacted by disability experience the love of Christ through outdoor adventure.
Create community by bringing families impacted by disability closer to Christ, showing empathetic love by making the impossible, possible.
- Discipleship through Outdoor Experience
- Focused on Expanding Limits
- Embracing the Whole Family
- Accessible to all regardless of circumstance
- We find joy in serving others
- We support challenge & celebrate success
- We are collaborative & connected
- We are professional but fun
- We are intrepid but cautious
- We celebrate God through His creation
Luke5Adventures is passionate and relentless about going the extra mile to provide families living with disability away to participate in a local community and feel loved and heard.
Families Impacted by Disability
We recognize that the individual person with a disability is part of entire family and friend group that is impacted by that disability as well. We want to intentionally serve them all because each member is affected differently.
Know someone we can serve or want to get involved?
Scan the QR code:
or visit our website at